Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Program:
Setting the Standard of Excellence
The foremost certification of the meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry, the CMP program recognizes individuals who have achieved the industry's highest standard of professionalism. Established in 1985, the CMP credential increases the proficiency of meeting professionals by:
• Identifying a body of knowledge;
• Establishing a level of knowledge and performance necessary for certification;
• Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management;
• Increasing the value of practitioners to their employers;
• Recognizing and raising industry standards, practices and ethics;
• Maximizing the value received from the products and services provided by Certified Meeting Professionals.
Through the CMP program, individuals who are employed in meeting management pursue continuing education, increase their industry involvement, and gain industry-wide recognition. The requirements for certification are based on professional experience and a written examination. Currently, over 13,000 individuals in 35 countries and territories have earned the CMP designation.
For information about your local study group, click here.