2013-2014 Board of Directors Application Information
TO: MPI Tampa Bay Area Members
FROM: Irene Caban, Immediate Past President and Nominating Committee Chair
RE: 2013-2014 Board of Directors Application
Each year, the Tampa Bay Area MPI chapter’s Nominating Committee recommends a slate of candidates to serve on the Chapter Board of Directors. On behalf of this year’s Nominating Committee, please use the 2013-2014 Board of Directors Application to submit your name for a position on the board.
The Board of Directors is made up of fifteen total chapter members: six Directors, six Vice Presidents, the President Elect, the President, and the Immediate Past President. The Executive Committee is made up of the Vice Presidents, President Elect, President, and Immediate Past President. Active chapter members in good standing are eligible for the nomination and election to any elective office. For Executive Committee positions, it is preferable that the member has previous service on the Board of Directors.
The Nominating Committee is made up of planners and suppliers who are in good standing and are familiar and active in chapter functions/events.
MPI Tampa Bay Area Chapter Board of Directors Qualifications:
• Be a member in good standing
• Be willing to fulfill the obligations of office, in the capacity indicated
• Have a history of involvement, accomplishment and dependable service to MPI or MPITBA
• Be willing to contribute time, energy and creativity to the chapter with the consent of your employer
Serving on the board is not only demanding and challenging, but it is also extremely rewarding. Consider becoming a leader in an award-winning chapter of the largest organization of meeting professionals. This is your chance to contribute to the growth and professionalism of our chapter.
Before committing to a board position, please review the job descriptions available on the MPI Tampa Bay Area website. In addition, consider the following responsibilities of all board members:
Must attend and participate in all monthly board meetings (Usually held from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. prior to each chapter meeting)
• Must submit a written board report each month
• Attendance at the monthly chapter meetings and events is strongly encouraged
• Attendance at the board transition/leadership meeting in April is essential
• Contribute information/articles for the newsletter as requested
• Manage other volunteers or committees whose duties fall under your guidance
• Attend the Annual Board Planning Session in April or May (Tentatively Scheduled for April 27-30, 2013)
• Attend the Mid-Year Board Planning Session in November, December or January (usually 2 days)
If you are willing to make a serious commitment to our membership, nearly 400 members strong, then I encourage you to complete the 2013-2014 Board of Directors Application.
The application must be returned to Irene Caban no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, February 4, 2013.
MPI Tampa Bay Area Immediate Past President